Playing Basketball is quite physically demanding but we all love the game and the pressure it brings. There are many youth basketball tips for newbie players but you have to really work hard to gain positive result. You have to learn the fundamentals of shooting and dribbling first before taking your game to the next level.
Basketball Shooting Tips
- Learn the basic foot placement when aiming for a shot. Hold the ball with your shooting hand and put the same foot forward, if you are left handed do this with your left foot and likewise.
- Keep your eyes focus on the rim of the basket; this will help you think in advance and calculate the distance.
- Learn the basic hand positioning. This will help you to control the bounce of the ball.
- Keep your body in a balance motion while aiming for a shot. Bent your waist a little, spread your knees, legs and jump.
- Learn to control your jumping frequency when shooting. Some shooting styles require a lower jump frequency and some would require higher. Learn to differentiate when to jump.
Basic Ball Handling Tips
- Learn to control the ball’s bounce, pass and catch the ball in different speed and from different direction.
- Practice ball circulation. Learn to circle the ball in your legs, waist and head to protect the ball at all cost.
- Learn ball handling maneuvers for both offense and defense. Doing unpredictable maneuvers will help you advance against defenders.
- Practice dribbling using 2 balls to enhance ball handling coordination.
- Run back and forth while dribbling in different speed and different height.
These are few youth basketball tips. These tips are perfect for newbie players but if you want a serious training then purchase your own basketball manuals and instructional videos.