In basketball, you have to be the right player for the right game. You should be a perfect shooter and the best ball handler to really make it big in this sport. There are many promising basketball players all over the world and there are thousands of basketball tips and manuals produce in the market every day too which makes it harder for you to stand out from the rest. Playing basketball is a non-stop training and practice.
How to improve you’re Shooting and Ball handling skills
- Start practicing with basic dribbling. Dribble the ball with both left and right hand. Pass back and forth in both with different speed. Dribble the ball lower to the ground to make it hard for the defender to steal the ball from you.
- Try to control the ball’s speed, bounce and direction using your fingertips. Do the dribbling, passing and catching repeatedly in different speed to get use of the ball’s impact.
- Practice at least an hour of dribbling with a bent position every day. Spread your legs and knees, bent your body a little and put your one foot forward to keep the balance.
- If your ball handling skills is doing well proceed to shooting skills. Learn the basic shooting like jump shot, lay-up and long range shot. Do not shoot like how NBA players do. Keep it basic and simple to avoid injuries while practicing.
- Do a constant shooting workout to keep your pulse in good shape for at least an hour per day. Make a shooting target record; shoot at least a hundred baskets per day.
Constant practice shooting and ball handling workouts is the best way to improve your plays. Read, follow basketball tips and repeatedly do which one suits you. Even Kobe and other big stars in basketball always find time to practice and learn the basics. If you really want to become the best player in town then you must enroll to basketball training program or purchase your own basketball instructional materials to help you become the best player.
Recommended Ebooks for Basketball Career