In early years of basketball players, they tend to practice almost every day and tired their bodies until they can no longer move, this thinking is actually not good for both mental and physical bodies of the basketball players. Working too hard doesn’t guarantee you to end up the best player in basketball. You must learn the right techniques and drills in basketball to make your plays more effective especially when it comes to shooting. Learn the right basketball shooting practice to gain an effective and positive result.
How to become an effective basketball shooter?
- Instead of tiring yourself out by practicing all day, do the right basketball drills to enhance your skills. Practicing every day is a good start, but you must keep the practicing time for at least an hour or two to gain an effective effect.
- Invite friends to play with you. Practicing with opponents that will help you to assess your skills is the best way to practice your skills to keep your mind and body fresh and be able to adapt ideas from other players too.
- Practice all sorts of shooting like jump shot, lay-ups, free throws, 3 point shooting and even half court shooting to be familiar with court and the force to be apply on the ball in the directions and ranges.
- Practice shooting in a way most of the basic players does. Do not attempt to practice shooting like Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan because you might end up being injured. Basic shooting is the best way to learn though it’s important to gain advance skills, you may do this in time.
- Make a practice sheet, tally your every day practice whether it’s a game play or basic practice shooting. Start with simple jump shot, aim for how many shots you have to achieve in a day of practice and assess your skills every end of practice session, then do this with other shooting skills too to see how you improve and what you need to improve.
There are many available shooting manuals for basketball players; you may purchase it to teach you the right and effective way of shooting. You may also purchase your own basketball ring at home and make your own practicing sheet to help you with your basketball shooting practice.